Monday, April 16, 2007

What I Use

Today we will answer a few question about What I use for Springers on the Lower Columbia and Tillamook Bay.

Bait:
Whole Herring, Whole Sardine's (small), Herring Heads and Cutplug herring all regular and colored green.

Bait Brine:
My basic Brine is two cups of Rock Salt, One Cup of Pautke's Fire Cure in Natural, two quarters of river water a few drops of Liquid Krill from Pautzke's

For the Glow Green Color of my bait which I always carry two regular and green I just add two bottles of Pautzke's yellow egg nectar. The color is great and does not STAIN EVERYTHING in sight.

Fishing Line:
I have finally switched everything to Sufix. They make a great braid that I think is unmatched. They have very good mono with various stiffness to fit my needs for several methods. Sufix is a line just recently introduced in to the Northwest market and if you do not see it at your favorite Sporting goods dealer ask for it! BTW I still pay for this line and I could use other lines I do not have to pay for. Now I hope to have that change in the future but that is how strongly I feel about the quality.

Rods & Reels:
Quantum is my choice for both Rods and Reels. the quality is very good and priced for all anglers. I have never broke a rod on a fish and actually found them to be very reliable a tough. The main series for the North West is the Cold Water Series where I use the 9' 15-50 pound test. Currently I use the Blue Runner Line Counter for both Salmon and Sturgeon. Good Size, Line Cap. and the Best Stock Drags around. This product is better then the similar priced Penn, Diawa and other reels. Once again I hope to not have to buy these products in the future but I curretnly do becasue again I think they make great sense for any angler and no doubt clients in my boats have loved them. I also have various reels and rods by Quantum and will talk about them at a later time.

Kwik Fish are still part of my box but I see replacements coming in from Flatfish and Pro Troll Etech as they are made well and the new Kwik's will have to show they are not going the way of the Strom Wiggle Wart's when the same company bought that great lure.

Yakama Bait has great spinner blades and Fatso's, Brad's Wobblers and Wigglers are my choice and long with their new hinged bait.

North River is my current Choice for Power boat powered by Yamaha but something may be in the work's!! Clackacraft's Clackamax is just awesome and I cannot say i have ever rowed a better drift boat for non white water.

Gamakatsu Hooks are my choice for all uses.

More Later!

Val Perry
Perry's Fishing Adventures
www.fishingwithval.com
fishingwithval@msn.com
866-738-6991
503-440-5281
Alaska Fishing Adventures
www.trophyking.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home